I got a little distracted these past couple months. While hashing out my camera system, I realized that I didn’t have all the support in reflection that I needed. Mainly, I didn’t support reflecting arrays. It took a hell of a long time to get it in, but I finally have it.

I also got distracted from writing this post, so it’s a month later than my usual month late posts. I’ve done a refactor of the job system to support a simpler API. I’m also in the middle of refactoring the update system to work in individual stages that operate on frames. This will hopefully allow for better saturation of threads. For more information about this concept, see this awesome GDC talk by Naughty Dog. I haven’t changed my job system to use fibers, but the job threads should be lightweight enough to where I could potentially do that in the future.