In the process of upgrading to WordPress 4.5, WordPress broke itself. So I took this as an opportunity to port my blog over to Hugo. The only downside is that I no longer have comments. Not that anyone reads this or comments on anything I post anyways, so no big loss there. If anyone wants to comment on anything, you can just message me on Twitter. Since the entire site is now a static website, everything should load faster.
I’ve been very slow to actually post new content to the blog, but fear not, while I may be super slow, I do not plan on abandoning the site! Some things I plan on doing … eventually: Post more about Shibboleth’s architecture. Convert blog from WordPress to a static site using Hugo! Need to figure out what solution to use for comments. So, essentially the posts become static content and the comments are dynamic.
Been way too long since I actually posted anything here. I swear I’m not dead and I’m still working on Shibboleth! I’ve been re-factoring my graphics integration for Shibboleth, so I haven’t had much to say. I’m also working on something that I’m not quite ready to share yet, but hopefully sometime soon! Just a quick post to let the one or two people who actually read this know that I’m not dead!
Missed my one post a month quota by a little bit here, but better late than never I guess. Things have been going pretty slow these last few weeks. I’ve been taking a little bit of a break from developing Shibboleth to relax and release some stress. I’ve recently just played through a couple of Daedalic Entertainment‘s point-and-click adventure games set in The Dark Eye universe. These games would be The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav and Memoria.
Hello all! I didn’t quite meet my one post every month quota this time. But I am here to wish you all a happy Thanksgiving! Not as much to talk about as I’d like, but I’ve made quite a bit of progress on Gaff and Gleam. I cleaned up the codebase a bit and added some cool new classes by using typename aliases and variadic templates. Not sure if I mentioned, but I kind of changed the scope of Gleam a little bit.
A new post in less than a month!? Whaaaaaaaaaat!?!?!? Every once in a while I browse the forums on Gamedev.net and the #gamdev channel on IRC. Rarely do I actually join the conversation. Usually it’s because by the time I get to a particular conversation, someone has already answered the question and I have nothing to add, or someone has answered it and I don’t fully agree, but don’t feel the effort to explain my disagreement is really worth the effort.
Over this past week, I have migrated everything I was hosting onto my own server at home. I bought myself a Mini/Book sized PC and a 4GB stick of RAM and used my old 320GB hard drive. I installed Debian and am using Lighttpd as my webserver. Not the most powerful machine ever, but it is suiting my needs and I don’t get that much traffic anyways. I spent about three days setting it up.
Just checked my grades and it is now official! I have graduated from DigiPen with my bachelors in Computer Science! Or Real-Time Interactive Simulation (RTIS), if you want the useless name for it. I also have just gotten my graphics engine, Gleam, into a state where things are actually appearing on the screen. Here’s a screenshot of my first test! I just have to clean a few things up and fix/implement some things on the OpenGL side and I’ll be off to a very good start.
And hard, and very physically demanding, it’s great. So great that I signed up for a second round of lessons. It’s a very different feeling having the bike being able to slip and slide around. Every time the rear tire lost traction my feet were trying to plant themselves into the ground. It’s a weird feeling to get used to. Anyone who happens in the Bothell area should nab a slot from Eric Waunch’s motocross school.
Or something like that. I don’t have much to say, but I like keeping this “one post a month” thing I’ve got going on. Gleam has been coming along bit by bit. Most of the basic infrastructure is finished. Getting ever so close to actually drawing stuff on the screen. It’s taking me a lot longer to get this far due to making a cross-platform Direct3D 11 and OpenGL 3.x/4 renderer.