Not According to Plan

As per the usual, I’ve been extremely late on posting about … anything. I also completely invalidated some of my former posts. I’ve dropped working on Contrivance (the editor). This is due to a couple factors. I hate Qt. I spent 99% of my development time fighting Qt and trying to work around it than actually implementing features. Qt’s support for dockable windows is fairly non-existent. To that end, I have been attempting to integrate Nuklear and embed the tools into the engine.
Read more →

Slow Post Rate

I’ve been very slow to actually post new content to the blog, but fear not, while I may be super slow, I do not plan on abandoning the site! Some things I plan on doing … eventually: Post more about Shibboleth’s architecture. Convert blog from WordPress to a static site using Hugo! Need to figure out what solution to use for comments. So, essentially the posts become static content and the comments are dynamic.
Read more →

Shibboleth Engine Structure – Part 1

I feel like I haven’t said anything particularly useful in a while, so I’m going to go over the architectural design and flow of my work-in-progress game engine, Shibboleth. Application Layer Our journey begins at what I call the Application Layer, which is nothing more than what the executable the end-user runs actually does, which isn’t much. To start, let me explain the expected folder structure the executable assumes. <root folder> |- App64.
Read more →

Wow … My Bad

Been way too long since I actually posted anything here. I swear I’m not dead and I’m still working on Shibboleth! I’ve been re-factoring my graphics integration for Shibboleth, so I haven’t had much to say. I’m also working on something that I’m not quite ready to share yet, but hopefully sometime soon! Just a quick post to let the one or two people who actually read this know that I’m not dead!
Read more →

Back from Long Hiatus

It’s been a few months without any updates from me. Fear not, I have still been working on Shibboleth. Most of my work has been updates to supporting libraries more than actual engine work though. To name a few, I added schema validation to my JSON class, restructured my job pool system, and started adding in the actual graphics pipeline to the engine. I’m having to do a bit of a refactor on my graphics multithreading.
Read more →