I’ve decided to make a series for every time I post about how long it has been since I last posted. In this episode, it’s been about six months since I last posted.

Arbalest

I’ve started porting Arbalest to Unreal Engine 4. I just got fed up with dealing with Unity’s lack of basic feature, like drawing debug stuff in play mode and the lack of a decal system! Aside from that, I haven’t been working on it much. I’ve been having a lot of fun working on my game engine instead.

Shibboleth

I’ve made strides at getting the editor part up and running. Currently using wxWidgets and have everything integrated to start writing editor functionality. I’ll do a larger update I think, but I’m using the automagic registration via reflection as well with this.

I’m attempting to do a take at ECS similar to what Unity is doing. Trying to do some crazy memory layout optimizations that I’m hoping will be worth it. We’ll find out.

Built UI elements for an Archetype Editor and an Asset Browser. Neither are fully functional yet.

Otherwise, I’ve done a lot of cleanup and simplification of the project folder structure and all the project generation. It’s a huge quality of life improvement and I’m happy with how it looks now.

Summary

Arbalest is more or less on hold, as I’m having more fun working on Shibboleth at the moment. I’m going to try and make a more detailed post about what I’m doing on Shibboleth and what I’m attempting to do. Until next time.