Another One Bites the Dust

Man, remember that post I made about that game I was working on? Hah. I do, and now it’s rather hilarious and embarrassing that I even posted about it at all. So, what is going on? Well, I’ve had a lot of life stuff happen this year, which has eaten a lot of time from me working on stuff. The game I was working on codenamed Adrenaline is no longer happening.

Adrenaline Dev Log - 01

While this is technically the second update for my game, the first update was really just a GIF dump. This is also pretty much going to be a GIF dump, but with some explanations. I’ve done a lot over the last few months to the game, but have been slacking a bit too much lately. My goal is to have 5 levels by next month so I can start doing some shader programming and look and feel polish.

Project Progress

First off, I’ve begun doing a major refactor of Shibboleth. I’ve currently replaced all of my containers in Gaff with those from EASTL. I have also begun re-writing the reflection system. Hopefully this re-write will come with better functionality and simpler implementation. I have started this work in a branch, so the original code is still about if anyone is curious to run a functional, but broken version of the engine.